RE: Mods

To: "MG List Postings" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Mods
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:27:34 -0500
"I really doubt they have any effect at all."

"...organizations that profit from such regulations like the Insurance
Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration."

-----------------------------------

Are not these two statements rather contradictory?  That is, how can
anyone profit from the installation of third brake lights if they don't
do anything at all?  I wouldn't put it past the insurance companies to
impose regulations that are marginal.  I also would not put it past the
Feds to impose shaky science on us.  But completely ineffective?  What
would be the point?

I actually find the third brake lights quite useful.  Alas, I have no
data to show their level of effectiveness.  I guess it comes down to my
purely personal experience with them.

Dean