Re: Mods

To: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@yahoo.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Mods
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:54:15 -0500
well although it's not one of my MG's, I've mounted
a third brake light up above the rear hatch on my Triumph GT6.
It HAS been a big saver in the fact that such small lights on
an MG (or Triumph) and as low as they are...are not that visible
in the day time. The one I mounted is tiny, but VERY BRIGHT
when lit.  I've already had a few comments from people
about it, as you really don't see it until it lights up!
..first pic at
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/73gt6br_posthdcrashpics.htm
It's a 12 L.E.D. light bar, that has magnifying lenses in the red
plastic.  I've got one now for my BGT, just waiting to install it
(last pic o nthe same page linked above)

Mine is a J.C. Whitney special, slightly modified. I mounted it
on a Z bent piece of metal that was installed in the window
channel before the rubber molding and glass was installed.
A bit of silicon sealer and its water proof and rock solid.
The wires simply hook right up across the stock rear brake light
bulb socket on one of the orig. tail lights. No special ckts required.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com