Re: Mods

To: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@yahoo.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Mods
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:44:19 -0000
Most 3rd brake lights are LED and as such light up faster and instantly both
of which are an aid to seeing them when you aren't looking directly at the
back of the car in front.  High-level lights near the roof of a typical
saloon also help those bozos in 4X4 ramraiders to see them, but when fitted
to the likes of the MGF on the lip of the boot about 2" above the
conventional lights make no difference at all.  I suggest fitting one to the
boot rack of an MGB would be similar.

I too hate ABS (Anti Braking System) feeling I have no control of the car
when it comes into play, which it does so more often on my Celica than I
skid in my roadster or V8.  Yes, I know you can steer with the brakes hard
on, but I submit that anyone who slams them hard on in a panic isn't going
to have the presence of mind to steer anyway, the one thought in their mind
is going to be "THE BRAKES HAVE FAILED".

And as for electronic ignition, pointless fuel pumps ...