Re: Need advice on how to move my project MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need advice on how to move my project MGB
From: "JB@comcast" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:37:26 -0600
1st Matt:

<<I also do not have a vehicle that can tow a class 2 trailer anymore,>>

I would seriously doubt you need a II.

What I might consider would be to go to home defect/lowes and have two
4" x 6" x 8' timbers and have cut to your measurements
(ore-determined<G>).  And some lag screws.
 1 for mounting direct to front cross member & 1 to fit inside the floor
at the seat belt mounting holes.  IF the bottom (6" side down) clears
body "skin(s), take the remaining 2, pre drill 4 holes in each and lag
screw them to the "short" ones.  Then lag screw to front member and seat
belt mt. holes.

Use a engine hoist (rented??) to lift and place on rented trailer!?!?
Tie down.  etc., etc., etc.

Ed