RE: Need advice on how to move my project MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Need advice on how to move my project MGB
From: "ejrussell@mebtel.net" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:26:16 -0500
Original Message:
-----------------

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:41:26 -0500
From: "Matthew Hale" <haleme@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Need advice on how to move my project MGB

> Does anyone know of a safe (for the car) method to move the body shell?
We
> we moving from Marietta GA to Dallas GA.  Any suggestions please?

Can you construct a dolly to rest the car upon? I'm thinking a frame of 2x4
or 4x4 lumber with wheels for rolling. Then the flat bed car carrier could
roll it on & off. I suspect one could even eliminate the wheels and use it
as a 'skid'. Local shed builders move some pretty large storage sheds that
way on flat bed trucks. Just angle the ends so the skid will go over any
small obstructions.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell