Re: Thanks for the advice- sputtering 74 MGB

To: wkilleffer@comcast.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks for the advice- sputtering 74 MGB
From: saabnutty@aol.com
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:44:28 -0500
William,
If i had to guess, i bet an informal survey of the list would find it split
about 50-50 between Pertronix and regular points.  Obviously, both systems are
reliable if maintained properly, but you can swap out bad points on the side of
the road.  Currently, I have some sort of Piranha EI in my MGB and it works
fine, but i did not install it.  If it ever goes bad, i will probably replace
it with the Pertronix unit.

If i were you, i would probably repair the stock ignition and see if it fixes
the problem.  Then think about a change to the Pertronix.

Good luck,
donny v
1978 MGB