Re: Brake Trouble! UPDATE!

To: "Max Heim" <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Brake Trouble! UPDATE!
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:03:59 +0100
So how does it prevent you being thrown to one side or the other due to
unbalanced braking, which has never happened when ABS has been invoked in
any car I have been in?  And it isn't counter-steering.  Some years ago a UK
motoring program showed that ABS significantly increased the stopping
distance in the wet, over a driver practising cadence braking.  But its
onward march has been remorseless.  Now we have Electronic Stability Program
for twats who go faster into a corner than they can control, lane something
or other for people who doze off or who are catching up on their office
paperwork, and now radar distance control so they don't even have to use the
accelerator or brake in heavy traffic.  All these aids are for people who
shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a car, like the bloke who
(reputedly) successfully sued in America after crashing his camper van when
he left the driving seat to go into the back while moving, saying the
drivers manual didn't say he shouldn't.

PaulH.