Re: Electrical question and ABS

To: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electrical question and ABS
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 12:00:32 -0400
When I was in Malaya many years ago I knew this chap who had a
genuine (no kit cars in those days) Jaquar SS100.  He used to get
annoyed by on coming traffic that did not dip their headlights in
response to his dipped and weakish head lights (despite them being
P100s).  There was a Blenheim bomber wreck at the airport from the
war so he took off one of its landing lights which were somewhere
around 750watts.  He mounted it on the front with an interrupter
switch (just allows brief connection).  When faced with a distant
on-coming offender he would hit the switch with a resultant beam that
almost burn the paint off the transgressor and illuminate the
surrounding country side like a lightening bolt.  When I asked about
the danger of an oncoming blinded vehicle he said he reckoned they
had enough time to recover!!  His only problem was that the battery
almost melted !!!

I am thinking of mounting a digital video in my back window and
sending clips of tailgaters to the cops !!!!!

At 10:56 AM 10/22/2006, Denise Thorpe wrote:
>When I decide that someone is intentionally trying to blind me to
>show their contempt for the fact that I'm only going 10 MPH over the
>speed limit, I adjust my rear view mirror to reflect their
>headlights into _their_ eyes. With the top down on my car, this
>works on any height vehicle that's behind me.  Sometimes this makes
>them back off and sometimes it makes them pull to the side to blind
>me in my side view mirror, which I promptly adjust.  Both mirrors
>are useless with that kind of light behind me anyway.
>
>I'm tempted to build one of those behind-the-seats-wind-deflection
>things made out of one-way glass with the reflective side to the
>back.  It would also have to be adjustable for various heights of a******s.
>
>Denise Thorpe
>
>>Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:01:03 -0700
>>From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
>>Subject: Re: Electrical question and ABS
>>

>>I mean, in an MG you get used to having headlights filling your cockpit with
>>glare, but now it's the stupid under-bumper fog-cum-driving-lights-which
>>- -they-operate-full-time-illegally that are doing it, while the actual
>>headlights shine clean over the top and illuminate the road ahead; which
>>might be a good thing (since they have 10X the candlepower of your feeble
>>lamps) if you could see anything at all through the afterimages caused by an
>>inadvertent glance at the mirror (or just the reflection off your gauge
>>faces).

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson