Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?

To: rmort@bezeqint.net, Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:52:43 -0700 (PDT)
That's a great example of why we're in such an economic slop bucket.  People
are lazy.  Credit cards and iffey loans make (made) money cheap - and that made
it desirable to buy pre-mix at essentially TWICE the cost, just to avoid mixing
two liquids - one of which is essentially free!

And you're right on the ratio.  A 50/50 mix is optimum.  Below that gives
insufficient cold and corrosion protection, above it actually reduces the
boiling-point elevation properties.

Man, work is boring today!

rick