Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?

To: rolindsay@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:55:34 -0400
Rick,
  Thanks for the chart.
  MGBs used 8,12 and 15 psi caps, I believe, so boil temps with 50/50 mix
would be about 235,242,250 F.
  My 18V, with 9.2 compression, warms up to and holds at 190F unltess
working quite hard. Running hard and fast, the temp needle goes up about
the width of the needle itself, perhaps 10 degrees. Radiator has 8 psi
cap.
Bob

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:40:24 -0700 (PDT) Rick Lindsay
<rolindsay@yahoo.com> writes:

> >    One wonders what boil temp is with a 15 psi cap and no
> > Prestone.
> > Bob
>
> http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/boiling-point-water-d_926.html

Explore all of Europe's beauty! Click now for great vacation packages!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTJ6C6sKp7kd9d8Uh6o3OcRIqNdyfYQAPhn6eDzITJvXbxnEVwzwcw/