Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:22:14 +1030
Matt Trebelhorn wrote:
> I think it would be incredibly difficult to get an MGB in good
> condition to boil over.

But of course that statement then suggests, plainly,  that if your car
boils then it is not in good condition and answers any argument against
it.

I think my car is generally in pretty "good condition" (well, not right
now because I have a split in the top tank of the radiator) but I can
assure you that driving for six or seven minutes with the foot planted
on the floor and significant amounts of times at 6500 to 7000 in 110F+
temperatures WILL get you dumping fluid.