Re: [Mgs] wanted - now DSG 7 speed

To: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] wanted - now DSG 7 speed
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 16:31:07 -0000
Interesting if the designers have decided to freewheel and keep the engine
ticking over rather than keep the momentum of the car spinning the engine
and shut off the fuel completely, it implies the former is more economical.
Mind you if you have stop/start then it could do both i.e. use no fuel *and*
have minimum drag.  The computer restarting the engine and matching revs to
road speed as well as engaging the appropriate gear and clutch.

PaulH.