Re: [Mgs] wanted - now DSG 7 speed

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] wanted - now DSG 7 speed
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:28:45 -0600
The Prius will sort of freewheel with the engine shut down at speed
below ~40 mph.  It's called "gliding" by those who know how to extract
this behavior from the car.  It isn't really freewheeling, it's a matter
of MG1 spinning at a speed that allows the engine to cease rotation -
possible in a 3-way planetary gearset.

Have you read up on how the DSG gearbox(s) work?

   CR