Re: [Mgs] MG pickup

To: "Rick" <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG pickup
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 15:09:06 +0100 Trea2BdAgg+RuNbEkPTCvi5n1oI94A//jP+VdM/nzi6msJOpKpdVxkMOLM4dRAFXFzFlNwxlRiHxiySp9n6UN8QEsLnY5rSWEcOeqqMe1FtwTB8onYXPV6BF
Cc: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>

--===============7598451901226028290==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0070_01D55056.B8642CC0"

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01D55056.B8642CC0
        charset="UTF-8"

With you there.  One of the things I hate about modern cars is that they =
are so 'competent' aka boring.  Our daughter had a new MINI and if it =
hadn't been for the scenery going past the window I wouldn't have known =
we were moving.  I blame the manufacturers for reducing the driving =
experience to that of sitting on a sofa watching TV, and of drivers =
paying the same amount of attention to their driving.  Time and time =
again car shows where they have any number of modern exotics the =
presenters occasionally get into a classic and rave about the =
experience.  One of the things that surprised me with the ZS180 on a =
test-drive at launch in 2001 was just how involving it was.  It'll have =
to go one day, and I'll be sorry when that happens.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
     Why, you (didn't) ask, would I own cars like that? Because they're =
quirky and fun. So further to the point; Valuable by its very nature is =
a subjective term. Its dynamic, and I love dynamic systems.
------=_NextPart_000_0070_01D55056.B8642CC0
        charset="UTF-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>With you there.&nbsp; One of the things I hate about =
modern=20
cars is that they are so 'competent' aka boring.&nbsp; Our daughter had =
a new=20
MINI and if it hadn't been for the scenery going past the window I =
wouldn't have=20
known we were moving.&nbsp; I blame the manufacturers for reducing the =
driving=20
experience to that of sitting on a sofa watching TV, and of drivers =
paying the=20
same amount of attention to their driving.&nbsp; Time and time again car =
shows=20
where they have any number of modern exotics the presenters occasionally =
get=20
into a classic and rave about the experience.&nbsp; One of the things=20
that&nbsp;surprised&nbsp;me with the ZS180 on a test-drive at launch in =
2001 was=20
just how involving&nbsp;it was.&nbsp; It'll have to go one day, and I'll =
be=20
sorry when that happens.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: =
black">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Why,=20
  you (didn't) ask, would I own cars like that? Because they're quirky =
and fun.=20
  So further to the point; Valuable by its very nature is a subjective =
term. Its=20
  dynamic, and I love dynamic systems.</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>