Re: [Mgs] MG pickup

To: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG pickup
From: Dan DiBiase via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 14:56:57 -0400
Cc: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>

--000000000000cfefb8058fdbfa5e

Interesting you mention that MINI.... We have a 2009 MINI Cooper Hardtop
with a 6-speed manual that is actually great fun to drive. I just got back
from doing some errands with it, and had forgotten how great the exhaust
note is, windows up or down (like I had them today). Handles great, even in
non-S spec. My wife drives it to and from work and enjoys it as well. Only
reason I don't drive it more is the relatively weak A/C, compared to my
Mazda CX-5, and the vinyl seats that are brutal in the summer. As I'm a
Realtor, I need a roomier vehicle, and not showing up to appointments
soaked in sweat is always a good idea. ;-)

Dan D
Central NJ USA
http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 10:16 AM PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
wrote:

> With you there.  One of the things I hate about modern cars is that they
> are so 'competent' aka boring.  Our daughter had a new MINI and if it
> hadn't been for the scenery going past the window I wouldn't have known we
> were moving.  I blame the manufacturers for reducing the driving experience
> to that of sitting on a sofa watching TV, and of drivers paying the same
> amount of attention to their driving.  Time and time again car shows where
> they have any number of modern exotics the presenters occasionally get into
> a classic and rave about the experience.  One of the things
> that surprised me with the ZS180 on a test-drive at launch in 2001 was just
> how involving it was.  It'll have to go one day, and I'll be sorry when
> that happens.

as well. Only reason I don&#39;t drive it more is the relatively weak A/C, =
compared to my Mazda CX-5, and the vinyl seats that are brutal in the summe=
r. As I&#39;m a Realtor, I need a roomier vehicle, and not showing up to ap=
=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><a=
 href=3D"http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/"; target=3D"_blank">http://dandibi=
mail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 1=
0:16 AM PaulHunt73 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:paulhunt73@virginmedia.com";>paulhu=
te" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204=
);padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

modern=20
cars is that they are so &#39;competent&#39; aka boring.=C2=A0 Our daughter=
 had a new=20
MINI and if it hadn&#39;t been for the scenery going past the window I woul=
dn&#39;t have=20
known we were moving.=C2=A0 I blame the manufacturers for reducing the driv=
ing=20
experience to that of sitting on a sofa watching TV, and of drivers paying =
the=20
same amount of attention to their driving.=C2=A0 Time and time again car sh=
ows=20
where they have any number of modern exotics the presenters occasionally ge=
t=20
into a classic and rave about the experience.=C2=A0 One of the things=20
that=C2=A0surprised=C2=A0me with the ZS180 on a test-drive at launch in 200=
1 was=20
just how involving=C2=A0it was.=C2=A0 It&#39;ll have to go one day, and I&#=
39;ll be=20
sorry when that happens.</font></div>
ing-right:0px;margin-left:5px;margin-right:0px" dir=3D"ltr">
=C2=A0Why,=20
  you (didn&#39;t) ask, would I own cars like that? Because they&#39;re qui=
rky and fun.=20
  So further to the point; Valuable by its very nature is a subjective term=
. Its=20

--000000000000cfefb8058fdbfa5e--

--===============4341250657878676074==