Summer project Day two

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Summer project Day two
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 07:26:12, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Well Day two has come and gone and I'm just a little behind where I was
hoping to be at this  point on the Morgan quarter panel replacement.
Took the MGBGT to pick up the sheet metal since I didn't want to chance
spending the day on the side of the road in the van. Had them cut the
4x10 sheet into two 2x6 sheets and two 2x4 sheets.  That gave me a
spare sheet in case I screwed up the first one . Its also the perfect
size to cut the door skins out  for my DHC.
By the time I got down and picked up the metal and back home it was
noon
and 98 degrees. I did get the panel cut  out and fitted and I must say
it is one of my better panels ,
I was hoping to have the under side painted as well as the wood but
that will have to wait for the morning.
Davids suggestion of epoxy coating the wood sounds like a good Idea and
reminded me of a product I used in my wood boating days. called GIT
ROT.
Its a very low viscosity epoxy for treating rot. it soaks into the wood
and and will harden it up to its original form. They also use it to
prevent rot.
I was worried about the old tack and screw holes since they would be a
great place for water to enter the wood an the exposed end grain would
make  a nice meal for the rot fungus  The epoxy would solve that
problem .     .....Thanks David

So tomorrow it's off to the marine store and back to the sweat  box I
call a garage (  Topped out at 102 (F)  in there today

Til the 'morrow I am,

Bob Nogueira  " WHAT ME SWEAT?"