Re[2]: Morgan Kingpins

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: Morgan Kingpins
From: "Steve Manwell" <Steve_Manwell@WE-KNOW-ENERGY.XENERGY.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 96 16:17:54 EST
     I think I missed the beginning of this thread, but here's my 2 cents:

     I have rebuilt the front end on my Plus 4 with oil seals at the base
     of each lower bushing.  I put in one with the lip up and the other
     with the lip down to see which is better.  I.e. is it better to keep
     the dirt out or the oil in?  Unfortunately at the rate I'm rebuilding
     and the annual mileage I will likely drive the car, it may take two
     decades to get the results of the experiment.

     I've also read of a suggestion (I think by Greg Solow) to have the
     king pins hardened or chrome plated, and centerless ground, then hone
     (rather than ream) the bushings -- this is supposed to last much
     longer (90,000 mi?).  Has anyone tried anything like this?

     --Steve Manwell