Re: Re[2]: Morgan Kingpins

To: gdm@po.cwru.edu, jblair@exis.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Morgan Kingpins
From: LanceKL@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 19:14:08 -0400
In a message dated 96-07-20 12:09:10 EDT, gdm@po.cwru.edu (G. David McCoy)
writes:

<< Hi Folks-John raises an interesting point re the "oiler". I would like to
 know what others have done. Are people NOT using the oiler and modifying
 their front ends and if so how? I was under the impression that the newer
 Morgans still had the oiler?.

Dave,
I have always used the oiler on my Morgan.  The car has the original king
pins and bushing and is approaching 70,000 miles.  I am just starting to feel
some shimmy in the front end so it is about time for a rebuild.  Have heard
that the hard chroming route is a good way to extend the life of the king
pins.  Much of the wear has to do with what kinds of roads you drive on.
 Living in Atlanta, I don't have to deal with other than smooth, pot hole
free roads.

Lance K. Lipscomb