Re:Morgan Kingpins

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Morgan Kingpins
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 10:36:16, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> Date: Monday, 08-Jul-96 08:31 PM

: John T. Blair     wrote in part
> Subject: Re: Daily drivers
>
>   You
> can rebush the front end several time before have to replace the king
> pins.  Average is about 50,000 miles to a front end rebuild.  I've
heard
> some people clame to get up to 90,000 mi.

To date I have yet to find anything I disagree with John on, but 50,000
miles ?
I have usually replace my bushings between 20,000 and 25,000 miles and
. .kingpins every other time. The wear is enough to cause a loose feel
and occasional shimmy.
BTW
The damper blades seem to be the real wear point. Many people don't
realize that they wear at the shims and simply taking up the stack by
adjusting the shim will not correct the problem since the wear is
tapered and if adjusted to the highest wear point. the blade will force
the shims out thus nullify the adjustment or if adjusted to the lowest
wear point will have no effect. The blades must be replaced.

Bob Nogueira