Morgan Overdrive?

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan Overdrive?
From: NHJL45A@prodigy.com (MR LANNIS N SELZ)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 18:12:53, -0500
As I was whistling home today down the highway in my MGB dreaming of
the day it would be a Morgan, I realized that part of the pleasure
that I get from my present car is due to the fact that I can click in
the overdrive and the engine sound relaxes to a low hum while the car
is flying down the highway.  That's so much nicer than screaming
along at 4200 rpm, thinking of how short the time will be before you
have to rebuild the engine after all those RPMs.

Is it "Kosher" to outfit a Morgan with a transmission, rear-end, or
overdrive that will allow easy highway cruising?  I use my little
English roadsters for everything;  commuting, long trips, grocery-
getting, little rallys, and a decent rear-end ratio sure does come in
handy.

Is this heresy?                    Lannis