Re: Morgan Overdrive?

To: MR LANNIS N SELZ <NHJL45A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: Morgan Overdrive?
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 20:51:16 +0100
 MR LANNIS N SELZ <NHJL45A@prodigy.com> writes

>Is it "Kosher" to outfit a Morgan with a transmission, rear-end, or
>overdrive that will allow easy highway cruising?  I use my little
>English roadsters for everything;  commuting, long trips, grocery-
>getting, little rallys, and a decent rear-end ratio sure does come in
>handy.
>
>Is this heresy?                    Lannis

In my opinion no!

I do 8-10k miles per year in my car and the old four speed box was more
than a little tired. The old box was sold to an originality fanatic, who
was prepared to pay for it to be rebuilt and a (European) Ford Sierra 5
speed transmission was put in it's place. I have a car that is useable
and the originality fanatic is one step nearer his dream car!

The factory would try anything once for an advantage on the track or in
the showroom- hence the Lotus Twin-Cam 4/4, so changing for the best
available alternative has a long and noble provenance.
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4 2 str