Halogen headlamps

To: pdburket@intrepid.net, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Halogen headlamps
From: Art Hart <arthart@bell-labs.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 08:21:29 -0800
David,

Regarding your plan to put halogen headlamps in your Morgan... You might
want to consider running the headlamps through a relay to avoid high
current flow through your delicate Lucas headlamp and dimmer switches.
I did this when I went to 130W/85W halogen sealed beam headlamps, which
besides being illegal also use a lot more current than the original
Lucas headlamp switch was designed for. While I was at it I did the same
thing for my driving lamps on the badge bar.  Suitable relays are
available from NAPA as well as J. C. Whitney and others.

Art Hart
64 +4