Re: inline fuses

To: pdburket@intrepid.net (David)
Subject: Re: inline fuses
From: "Warden, Tom" <twarden@usia.gov>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:41:24 -0500
David,

In addition to in-line fuses, I would strongly suggest installing a
headlight relay.  That way you won't be drawing very much current through
the headlight switch (they like to burn up under big loads).  I installed
same on my '65 4/4 with great success.  No more dim lights, flickering,
etc.  Because you are already deviating from stock (alternator) I would
also recommend making a common ground bus and homerun as many ground
wires as possible to that point.  This will eliminate many exposed
connections and bad grounds,  which are the most common failure points in
British wiring.

Missed you at MOG-28 at Emmitsburg.  Believe it, or not, we won class and
best of show.  Must have been the paint job.  Hope your +4 will be ready
to take all the honors next year.

I've recently been transferred to Miami and will be missing many of the
MCCDC events.  I do intend to make every effort to be at MOG-29.

Best Regards,

Tom

Thomas Warden
1965 4/4 B-1063