Re: Tubular rear shocks and Negative Camber Plates

To: Bob Tescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Subject: Re: Tubular rear shocks and Negative Camber Plates
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 21:45:59 +0000
Bob Tescione <mogman@rpa.net> writes

snip

>Is there any reason (other than originality) that I should not consider
>this?

I have had the conversion since a rebuild 2 years ago and would
recommend it.

>Is the tubular support design that is offered inherently stronger than
>the lesser expensive and simpler bracketing made of angle irons?

No idea

>What is the number of the Koni shock that is offered for that rear
>Morgan application. It seems I should be able to buy it in the US with
>out having to pay for importation to the UK first.

No idea

>Any of you who have already done this conversion-Do you like it?

yes, the only problem I have is I cannot tell you the difference only
the shocker conversion made as too much of the car was changed at the
same time.

>Another similar suspension topic:
>Do the zero or negative camber conversions for the front of the Morgan
>offer any advantage for street driving?

Tried neg plates, would suggest for a road car they are not helpful, the
steering becomes much more nervous and I was happy with it before. On
full noise, the car would hang on better at the front, (changed angle of
attack for the tyres), but it didn't make for a happy road car. (Mine
gets sprinted occaisionally).

--
Jeremy Edwards