Re: Tubular rear shocks and Negative Camber Plates

To: "Bob Tescione" <mogman@rpa.net>, <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tubular rear shocks and Negative Camber Plates
From: "Vern Dale-Johnson" <vern_dj@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 21:12:44 -0500
Bob:

Although I've nothing against the factory or any other after market supplier
of tube shock conversions I'd vote for the kit from Rutherford Engineering.
I mounted the Koni kit on my 4 seater.  Absolutely no issue with clearance
except for slight enlargements of the holes in the rear wooden panel.  Even
uses the original shock boxes.

His 2-seater conversion is even neater, uses a hoop like the factory and
mounts the shocks further to the outside.  Check prices, my list is from
July 66, notes price at 132.00 Brit Pounds, Konis are also available from
him at 92.00 Brit Pounds a pair.  He also has a bolt-on rear axle kit for
82.47 Brit Pounds.  Fax him at 01565 830803 for up-to-date info and prices.

Vern DJ
MSCCC

PS, our +4 4-seater actually has a rear suspension now, is faster in the
autocross, and no longer allows the axle to crack the frame over yumps.