Re: electronic points

To: Morgans@autox.team.net, Zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU
Subject: Re: electronic points
From: jpavone@vanstar.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:34:17 -0700
William,

I use a Petronix unit in my Bosch distributor on my 1600 Ford Crossflow.
The unit lives entirely in the distributor and utilizes a magnetic pickup.
During installation, I had to file a bit of the distributor rotor base as
it rubbed against the Petronix unit. Have had no problems in the 1 year and
about 2000 miles since installation. Timing is still spot on. Although I am
having problems with my Smiths electronic tachometer. The tach needle get
momentarily erratic under hard acceleration. The Petronix guys say its a
tach problem, the tach guys say it's the Petronix unit and sold me a small
black box which is supposed to eliminate this. I will try it out and let
you know if it worked.

Regards,
John

P.S.  I keep the old points and condenser in the car. just in case....
.