Re: electronic points

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>,
Subject: Re: electronic points
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:43:53 -0400
I'm using a set that Morgan Spares put in in May when I was having a
high speed miss problem on the back straight at Lime Rock. At 80 or
above the car was cutting out on me. Call Linda for the brand, I have
the box but its at home on the shelf. Works perfectly. My distributer
drive is out of round, the wiring was shot, points kept getting out of
whack, and this system is a f---king miracle. Having put points in cars
for nearly 40 years, I am close to hysterical over the improvement..
Especially because these Lucas (TM) points are an embarrassment. Car
starts anytime. Wet, dry, hot cold, battery half flat, doesn't matter,
and the timing is rock solid stable. Still got the  rotor and the cap, I
guess (haven't actually checked. I really should do that one of these
days....know I have the cap, don't know about the rotor. My alternative
was a Mallory dual ignition setup, which if the rest of the unit goes, I
may still go with. Can recommend.

Chip Brown