Re: Morgan Models

To: <CTDreher@aol.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Morgan Models
From: "Ken & Janet Hill" <jhv.morgan@lineone.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 21:45:16 +0100
With reference to the Beetle Back model seen at the auto museum.   If the
model was in fact a 1/43rd and was mass produced, then it is almost
certainly a BRUMM.   They produced three Limited Edition models, in the
early 1990's ,   (Red; Yellow or Black, all with black interiors).   These
were all 1932/33 Super Sports with the spare wheel mounted on top of the
tail. These are now out of production and take some finding.  Brumm also
produced two 1923 Morgan models in the early 1980's but these of course were
not Beetle Backs.    In addition to the Brumm there are of course several
die cast white metal Beetle Backs currently available in either kit or fully
finished forms.   Details of these can be found on
www.janethillventures.co.uk   JHV also have a few of the various obsolete
Beetle Back models available as well.   Lists of these can be supplied on
request.   The was one other Beetle back model produced in the 1960's by a
company named ACORN these were very basic and made from vacuum formed thin
plastic which the buyer painted and assembled themselves.   Some of these
were made professionally but even so look what they are, somewhat crude and
very basic.      All the best Ken Hill