newsletters

Re: DTP Software

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DTP Software
From: Farzaan Kassam <fkassam@direct.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 09:31:12 -0800
>Just wondering, what software do other editors use?  I've seen some done on
>pagemaker very well, though I'm having good luck with word 6.

I use Pagemaker v5.0 on Windows 95.  You'd get a lot more done with
Pagemaker than with Word.  Word is very limited and Pagemaker is much
easier for the DTP application.

>does anyone use a scanner for photos?  my printer scans all of my photos &
>snapshots into his copier with good results, but black and white only because
>of cost.

I use a Logitech Color Scanman 256.  They go for about C$250 and it works
great for our needs.  Most of the pics we scan are single photos, so it's
more than big enough, not to mention, it doesn't take up half my desk.

Farzaan.