Re: Automotive cooling

To: Bob Hutton <BobHutton@fox.vut.edu.au>,
Subject: Re: Automotive cooling
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 00:07:02 -0400
Bob Hutton wrote:
> Obviously nothing I say is going to convince you this
> theory has any merit.

  Well, I haven't heard any real theory. Just some claims
and some chatter.

  I might entertain some ideas about even cylinder temperatures
and so on, but when the claims start to include "curing
overheating", I start to question. When my questions
are sidestepped, it doesn't make me feel any more
enthusiastic.

> It will only cost you about $30 and a bit of time to try
> it out for yourself. It does work.

  Don't take this directly, but I have an acquantance who
sells those automotive friction additives in a silly
pyramid scam. "Just try it" is what he is trained to say
when confronted with serious opposition to the phony
science their pamphlets spew.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada