RE: Compressor sound

To: Ken Landaiche <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>
Subject: RE: Compressor sound
From: Kelley Mascher <mascher@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:48:43 -0800 (PST)

You'd get at least the same amount of sound attenuation
by just sheetrocking inside and outside the studs. Fill
in the cavities between the studs with fiberglass and
you'll get a bit more high frequency attenuation.

Layering sheetrock in the spaces between the studs will
be a lot of work especially with 5/8" firerock. That
stuff is heavy.

Putting two layers on the outside would probably even
be better than trying to fill cavities with sheet rock.
It ought to stiffen up the wall a bit more.

Good Luck,

Kelley Mascher                                            (206) 528-2713
Children's Hospital & Med. Center               mascher@u.washington.edu
Audiology Research                              Seattle, Washington USA

     shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>