Re: Pressure Washers

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pressure Washers
From: "Lyn Fatt, Brian A" <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:09:03 -0400
I wrote...

>>L smith suggested the pump may not be working properly...
Oh heck, now you got me wondering. Do I really want to
take apart this unit that's not even mine?  I don't think
there is anything around my house that has been left
intact!  LOL!   Oh what the heck, I'm going to go check
it out now.<<

Well, I took the unit apart. No part of the unit
was left untouched. (somebody get the screwdriver
away from me!) Pump appeared to be fine. The trigger
had an o-ring that was a little old so I replaced
it and that stopped water from dripping from the
handle. On the way to test the 'fixed' unit on the
driveway paint. I pointed the unit at my fairly
mildewed wooden fence. Does an ok job on that, but
I think the Thompsons cleaner does a better job.
And the wood doesn't get chewed up as much. Looking
at the fence this morning, it had a fuzzy look. As
for the paint on the driveway. Sitting there with
the pin point nozzle on the paint, it still took
a while to move the paint off the blacktop. Of
course, YMMV with your 1300 psi unit. :)

Brian