Re: Craftsman tools

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Craftsman tools
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 01:33:01 -0500
Yeah, kinda funny when the display ratchet is broken.

I think the solution to plastic parts is to run quickly to Sears and buy
some ratchet repair kits.  They cost 1 cent apiece.  Yep, 100 for a
dollar.  Torque wrench sets are something like $10 (ten dollars) but I
convinced a couple guys to sell them to me for a penny like the rest of
them.  ;-)

At 10:53 PM 12/20/99 ,  Eric J Petrevich/LRM was inspired to say:

>I saw the Craftsman tools this weekend.  WHAT A BUNCH OF GARBAGE!!!!  I
>could NOT believe how cheap they now are!  Little plastic tab to switch
>direction and if you did PUSH it in until it locked, it just turned free.
>The finish on them looked like they were made in a high school shop class
>by a "D" student!  I was appalled!
>
>Also note, I saw the Metwrinch tools there.  The ones they sell are a
>totally different quality then the ones I have.  Mine are MUCH higher
>quality.  FWIW, the display socket wrench there was BROKEN!!!
>
>I will not be buying ANY Craftsman product every again (unless they do a
>REAL turn around!)
>
>Inch

Cheers!