RE: Craftsman Tools

Subject: RE: Craftsman Tools
From: Mark Miller <markm@tutsys.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:38:57 -0800
Now I'm not saying I agree with this from a tool quality and use standpoint
but look at it from an economic one.  Most people (I'm including myself in
this group) really don't use many of their tools all that hard.  I've gotten
tools as gifts (well meaning ones I must say!!) that I've never used.  If
they were crap I'd still never break them.  It is quite possibly cheaper for
Sears to sell crap and replace the broken tools from those few who use them
heavily or hard, especially since almost everything they sell is used very
little.  Even when I wrench alot I am only using a few tools a few times a
week.  If they can save 10% on manufacturing costs but increase returns by
1% this is a good deal for their industrial economists.  They can save
enough to go out and buy themselves some good snap-on stuff.

Fearing for the future,
Mark Miller