RE: Craftsman Tools

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Craftsman Tools
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:10:01 -0600

Mark,

I'm getting bounced from your tutsys.com address so I'll post to you
here.....

I think your probably right about bottom line driving their business now.
That's true with so many businesses these days and Sears has cut corners in
all areas for sure.  I can see their rep carrying them thru several more
"Fathers Days" buying sprees, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sears tool
department look like the isle in K-mart before too many more years..
Another thought.... are they starting to carry Dewalt and Milwaukee as
their 'good' line and craftsman as their second line of tool ???   How long
before Black & Decker labels show up..???.  They already use their battery
packs for some of the stuff...

I agree on the appliance comment...  They used to be a quality item.... but
sadly now they are going to the low bidder in the manufacturing...   lots
of vinyl and plastic...  When is the last time you saw porcelain over steel
???  or are you that old ??

It's a shame that young people today have to accept what's available as
'top of the line'...  oh for the old days...I'm only 53 but I can remember
heavy tools that were handed down from grandpa to grandson.... I've got
some.  Guess I just have to buy old flea market Craftsman or save my coins
for the Snap-On
stuff...

john