Re: telephone in the shop?

To: David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>, bob bownes <bownes@rns1.web9.com>
Subject: Re: telephone in the shop?
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@suespammers.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:55:01 -0500
At 06:53 PM 2/14/00 -0600, David Scheidt wrote:
>>If you are installing new wire, do yourself a favor and pull CAT-5.  The
>cost difference is quite low,

CAT-5 is selling for ca. $60 per 1000 foot spool at Home Depot these days.
one spool can get 2 independent runs of CAT 5 to most rooms in a reasonably
sized house; i just finished most of my house, and have a bit left over.

the main cost is the jacks. pulling the cable and leaving it unterminated
"for later" may be a reasonable way of controlling costs while getting the
wires place while the pulling is good. like David, i am providing for
100BaseT; it's the kind of weirdness that makes us networking wonks so
endearing (or something -- i know that bownes is talking about wireless,
which may have a little "my home network is cooler than yours" component to
it.)

cheers,
  richard

--
Richard Welty                 rwelty@suespammers.org
Any type of UBE (Unsolicited Bulk EMail) to this account