RE: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)

To: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:42:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Randall Young wrote:

> Ok, just so Larry won't be lonesome <g>,
>
> It's important to me to have a charger that you can leave the battery in,
> since I frequently forget to remove it.  My previous B&D burnt up both
> batteries in a matter of months, because I ignored the instructions to
> always remove them from the charger in 6-8 hours.  The Ryobi is still going
> strong some 4 years later on the original batteries.

just to be me three, I bought the milwaukee package not too long ago.  18v
drill, circular saw, 'hatchet' sawzall and flashlight.  so far I'm very
pleased with the sawzall and the circular saw; the hatchet is a great
design and not dragging a cord over a 4 x 8 sheet of ply behind a circular
saw is great.  the flashlight is bright, which is probably the best thing
you can saw about a flashlight.  I don't have anything bad to say about
the drill, but that lack of superlatives is probably more because I'm just
so much more impressed with the sawzall and circular saw.

scott