RE: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)

To: "Susan and Mark Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>, <ken.landaiche@nokia.com>,
Subject: RE: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)
From: "Bob Dicke" <rtdengr@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:23:55 -0500
I bought an 18V Ryobi kit from Home Depot for $169.  It included a 1/2"
drill, a skill saw, a sawsall, a flashlight, two 18V batteries, and a
charger.  The drill weighs about the same as my old Makita 12V.  The Ryobi
has way more torque than the Makita.  The batteries charge fast enough that
by the time you discharge one the other is charged.  The skill saw looks and
feels like a toy; until you use it.  It cuts a 2X6 as good as a corded saw.
I haven't used the sawsall yet.

Bob Dicke
rtdengr@charter.net
608.770.0228 Phone