Re: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:12:23 -0500
I've got a Milwaukee 14.4v cordless drill and it's extremely well made.
Higher voltage drills are all noticeably heavier. With a fresh battery it
easily has enough torque to sprain your wrist. The keyless chuck is all
metal. The battery mounting clip is very durable and forgiving of ladder
drops (my old Porter Cable was held together with duct tape). You can mount
the batteries facing front or back which helps in some tight spaces.
Mounting the battery backwards also shifts the center of mass just enough
to reduce wrist strain when you're working overhead.

After I bought it I was surprised to see "Made in Germany" written on it.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com