Re: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:42:39 -0400
the new DeWalt XRP.  12, 14.4, 18V.  Make sure you get the appropriate
size.  more voltage = more torque = more weight.  The 18V gets heavy but it
does run forever....

And the answer Peter's Q:  the new drill motors are stronger than the
sander motors.  If you can believe it.

Tool Crib via Amazon has the best deal Iv'e found on these.  They qualify
for free shipping and they don't do sales tax.ink it's $169 for 12V and 199
for 14.4.   I forget the 18V price because it's just too heavy for me (1/3
overhead use).

At 12:26 09/17/2002, Shakespearean monkeys danced on
ken.landaiche@nokia.com's keyboard and said:

>My drill uses 14.4V batteries, one of which just died :) So with the cost
>of clutch and battery, it's looking like time to upgrade to 18V.
>
>So now I wonder, which drill to get? I see lots of contractors with dewalt
>gear. I liked the Bosch. But it and the jigsaw I have aren't quite the
>best quality or most effective to use.
>
>Any hands-down favorite cordless drills? Or maybe cordless systems, as
>Doug suggests?
>
>Thanks all,
>
>Ken Landaiche

Cheers!