Re: extension cord winder

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: extension cord winder
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 18:39:43 -0400
OK Phil.  Maybe they're not.  That's the sort of evaluation I was looking
for.  What sort of cord reel are you talking about?  If you're talking
about the enclosed, spring wound sort of thing, I have one of those with my
drop light.  Works great, but is somewhat limited in amount of cord it can
handle.  Large ones are also pretty expensive.  Right now, my long
extension cords are wound by hand between my elbow and palm.  because I'm
left handed, and I always tend to wrap them around my right arm, I
introduce a twist into the cord.  I try to be ambidextrous enough and
remember to switch arms, but I haven't been very successful.  I also have
to pretty much rewind the whole thing even if I only use a quarter of
it.  A winder seemed like it would be better.

-Steve