Lifts - shipping?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lifts - shipping?
From: "Wayne Farrington" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:25:31 -0700
So, the next question I have is about shipping one of these lifts. They of
course ship by freight truck which presents a problem for my location. I have
no means to unload something like this and for that matter a freight truck is
not going to fit down my private road. What I would like to do is pick the
lift up maybe at the freight terminal? If I can set it on my open car trailer
I can back into the bay where it will be installed and unload it with some
sort of engine hoist/block and tackle combo, or slid it off with some sort of
rollers. Or better yet since my trailer is a tilt bed I may simply be able to
prep the columns on the trailer and then "tilt" the columns into place right
off the trailer (along with some muscle from a couple of guys).

I'll call the supplier and see what the options are but I was wondering if any
of you have experience with this? Is it possible to have it shipped to a
freight depot and then have the depot unload it from the freight truck and
onto my car trailer?

Thanks
Wayne