Re: Sand media for sandblasting.

To: Eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: Sand media for sandblasting.
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:26:17 -0400
As others have described, I use both the drywall pails and cat litter buckets.
But the real key to my success is that for outdoor pressure blasting, I use sand
from a construction supplier.  Really cheap, and you tend to care less if it
doesn't get all swept up.  I save most of it anyway, though, and by just waiting
for a dry day for blasting, I haven't had moisture trouble.

Of course, this is silica sand (carcinogen) so I use an air supplied respirator
under my blast hood.  Which has the added benefit to making it very comfortable
on a warm day.