Re: Voice Over IP Phone Services

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>,
Subject: Re: Voice Over IP Phone Services
From: Kendall Jones <kendall_jones2002@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:04:10 -0800 (PST)
--- "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with VoIP providers or
> are using a VoIP service
> right now for their home or business phones?

I have vonage for my home based business for over a
year now (fax line too) - If your serious about trying
it, you can give me a ring to hear what it sound like
(and I can also forward you a referral link, which
gets me a free month of service ;)

Its "not bad", about the quality of a cell phone.
Some echos & audible drop outs (no dropped calls
though), not terrile but just a little irritating.
I've gone so far to re-wire my phone lines at home, so
we have Voip phones/fax all over the house & land
lines as well.

things I really like:
- I can check my voice mail online & get emails when
it arrives.  Handy when I'm overseas.
- I can forward calls instantly to my cell when I
leave the house.  Just a quick update from their web
page.  I also have fail safe number forwarding if/when
the power goes out.
- I can set up virtual phone numbers (with ANY area
code) for selling cars/ having local number available
for the grandparents/ etc.
- I can also take my ATA box to any high speed
connection & recieve calls.  i intend to take it to
Europe on my next trip, so my wife can place a local
call & reach me =8)  The ATA box has an RJ45(network)
connection & a RJ11 (phone) connection.  It does the
rest.

Anyway, I'm pleased with it.  Its not crystal clear,
but pretty close.

Hope this helps, email me direct to get my vonage
number (if interested)

Kendall

=====
Kendall F Jones