Re: [Shop-talk] Wholesale Auto Parts (Otto? Otto parts?)

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wholesale Auto Parts (Otto? Otto parts?)
From: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@aceweb.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 20:18:47 -0400
Goodyear tires stores have been that way for decades.

Gal I knew showed up one night in tears over the safety inspection hit list
they gave her on a car she'd just bought.  Six pages long.  It was so bad it
was downright funny.  She needed new tires, new doors, new windows, new
fenders, new shocks, new springs, new radiator, new exhaust, new lights, new
hood, new window cranks, new steering wheel, new gauges, new seats, new seat
belts, new bumpers, new engine, new transmission, new differential, new
waterpump, new alternator, new wipers, new horn, etc, etc, etc.

After we calmed her down, and spent a long time laughing at the incredible
list Goodyear came up with, we sent her to a friends shop.  I think she
needed a set of shocks, nothing more.