[Shop-talk] Salvage title vehicles

To: ShopTalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Salvage title vehicles
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 5:07:53 -0700
Yesterday we looked at an 04 Cavalier for my daughter that has a "salvage"
title. We were told that car was in a front end accident and was totaled by the
insurance company. This car, with AC, alloy wheels and what not else would blue
book for close to $6000. We can get it for $4995.

I has new tires and brakes and is very clean. The guy also said it has a new
wheel bearing which I have to assume is on the front right wheel where the
accident damage occurred.

When I drove the car it felt solid and tight.

I am looking for any input any one can give me about buying a car that was in
an accident and has a salvage title. Is this a good idea or should we walk away
from it. My daughter is taking a loan out to buy this car as she needs it for
getting to and from work, college classes, and the schools where she will be
student teaching; so we really need to get this (or something) done very soon.

Thanks

Tim

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96