[Shop-talk] Question on car rental

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Question on car rental
From: Nick Brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 14:31:40 +0000
Sorry for the OT but I'd be very grateful for any input on this one.

Been planning a West Coast trip next February. Looking for car rental
rates National kept on coming up significantly cheaper (~40%), even
after allowing for unlimited mileage, one way dropoff and various
insurance gotchas. If anyone has any experience or advice about dealing
with National I'd be very interested to hear it. Looking at consumer
websites gives the usual spread from perfect to terrible.

Tenuous Shoptalk link, the car will probably be used for transporting
sundry bits which will be used in my shop back across the pond.

Thanks

Nick Brearley