Re: [Shop-talk] Question on car rental

To: <nick@landform.co.uk>, "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Question on car rental
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 09:24:50 -0600
I rent from National whenever I travel on business, which is fairly
frequently.  Now, in all honesty, that is because my company has a contract
with Enterprise and my two choices are Enterprise or National (Enterprise also
owns Alamo, but they aren't part of our preferred rates).  Still, I have never
had a problem with them.  They are quick and efficient (I skip the Enterprise
brand because they are more geared for less frequent renters and it takes
longer to get the car and go) and I do like the "choose your own car" option.
It would be more fun if the cars were more exciting, but it is nice to be able
to pick a car based on my needs and feelings at the time.

All that said, like anything that relies on a retail network, I have found
that some of the locations are better than others.  But, the company is
certainly solid in my experience.