Re: [Shop-talk] Question on car rental

To: "'Nick Brearley'" <nick@landform.co.uk>, <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Question on car rental
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 09:05:24 -0600
I always preferred National years ago, but have only rented cars a very few
times in the past decade, so can't be of much help with them.  When Jill and
I went to California last June, we looked thoroughly at all the car rentals
available, and ended up with Hertz, after buying a one-year AAA membership.
We did want a convertible, one-way, and took it for 10 days which meant it
was more expensive, but still, after trying to find and add all the hidden
costs into the others, we thought it was the best deal.  And lots less
worries than with some of the bargain companies, some of which have almost
no good reviews.
Shop-talk content - on the trip, we picked up a bulky and breakable part for
my Cagiva Gran Canyon in Sunnyvale  ;-)
Have a good trip!
Karl