Re: [Shop-talk] Tell me about transponder keys

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tell me about transponder keys
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 05:06:52 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 03/18/2013 05:06:17, Serialize complete at 03/18/2013 05:06:17
Dave writes...

>I hadn't thought of that; good idea.
>

>On 3/17/2013 5:28 PM, Pat Horne wrote:
>> I would use the same type of brass key  if I were the outdoors type
>> and didn't want to hike or run with the chance of loosing the
>> transponder key in my pocket. Just lock the transponder key inside the
>> car (hidden) and use the cheap key to open the door.

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but this is why I installed the
true 'keyless' entry into my truck.  Instead of using any key or fob to
get into the car, I can just lock the key (with the transponder) in the
car.  Then when I need to get in, I just type in the code to the keypad.
It's perfect for this.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson